More Like This
3. Chicago Hot Dog Fest. Local hot dog institutions from Fatso’s Last Stand to Bryon’s compete to bring you the craziest, most amped-up dogs imaginable.
4. Italian beef. You aren’t a true Chicagoan until you’ve experienced the soggy delight that is Italian beef. You decide your favorite, but our money’s still on Johnnie’s.
7. It may have taken a while, but Chicago food trucks can now legally cook on site. It was worth the wait.
8. Chicago is the biggest Polish city this side of Warsaw. Your summer needs some zapiekanka. (Don’t ask, just order.)
21. Did you know camping is a thing around Chicago? Well, cabin camping at least. Hey, some of these cabins even come with their own alpacas. Which is nice.
22. Take a trip out of the city to explore the Land of Lincoln’s weirder side. If you’re into giant Superman statues, that is. Which, let’s be honest, who isn’t?
25. Road trip to awesome little diners around the state. Because what the hell else is Route 66 good for?
26. Take a pizza road trip. Yes, this is now a thing.
39. Immerse yourself in a sensory-deprivation flotation tank while you ponder how many things on this list you still have to do. What’s the worst that would happen?
40. Take a date on a little-known nature escape.
47. Get your metal fix at Chicago’s coolest new music festival.
48. Roll Cubanos and party with a white tiger.