24. Saddle up and make your way to the newly restored Pioneertown Motel, once used to film Westerns, and catch some big name bands at the world famous Pappy & Harriet’s Pioneertown Palace.
25. Head a little further up the coast where you’ll find a winery with disc golf and treehouses built for adults in Paso Robles.
26. Grab your swimsuit and stock the cooler, it’s time for a beach road trip.
27. Big Sur may not yet be on your romantic getaway radar, but with shoreline horseback rides, cliffside dining and natural hot spring baths under-the-stars, it should be.
28. Snorkeling in a sea cave, mountain biking on an old rail line and bungee jumping from the Bridge To Nowhere: what do these have in common? They’re totally rad things you can (and should) do this summer with only a short trip from LA.