Ten bucks can’t buy you love, but it can buy you lots of other stuff in Milwaukee. There’s plenty to do -- and eat, and drink, and see -- while on a budget, so don’t dip into that emergency fund just yet. Here are 40 things to keep you happy on the cheap.
1. Rent a Bublr Bike
You can even bike in the snow, if you’re so inclined.
All movies at Marcus Theatres are $5 on Tuesday, score!
3. Take a historic MKE walking tour
There are even indoor skywalk tours in winter.
4. Treasure hunt at American Science & Surplus
Bring friends and see who can find the weirdest thing in less than five minutes.
5. See some ComedySportz
Good old-fashioned improv and booze, they belong together.
6. Party at Milwaukee Art Museum After Dark
Price: $10 in advance
About once a month, you can party in the Calatrava with live music, performance artists, vittles, and of course, art.
7. Plug a slot machine at Potawatomi
Menomonee River Valley
If you double your money, you can afford a couple beers.
8. Go bowling, galactically
Price: $8.75 per person, per hour
Rent a lane and bring three friends. Bring more and it’ll be even cheaper.
9. Watch a Brewers game at Miller Park
"Uecker seats" are only a buck, but you can only buy them at the box office on the day of the game.
10. Eat a shoulder sandwich at Speed Queen
Because barbecue is life.
11. See a Pat McCurdy show
Price: $0-$10 cover charge
He recognizes our love for sex and beer.
Menomonee River Valley
You get a tour, T-shirt, and (non-frozen) pizza.
13. Explore MKE’s past at the Chudnow Museum
Quirky museums are the best museums.
14. Play Pac-Man for an hour at Bounce
Buy an hour block of vintage arcade and air-hockey play.
15. Feast on an Italian sandwich at Glorioso’s
Might I suggest the Human Torch?
16. Grab a brew at a beer garden
Those giant glass mugs are clutch.
17. Grab a meal in a goblet at County Clare
The Bloody Mary comes with a beef stick, string cheese, pickle, olive, and a pickled potato.
18. See an indie band at Cactus Club
Even when there’s not a show, it’s a great bar to grab a beer.
19. Climb the North Point Lighthouse
There’s a museum of cool Great Lakes maritime stuff too.
20. Watch a star show at the UWM Planetarium
Public shows are at 7pm on Fridays.
26. Tour a distillery at Great Lakes Distillery
You get to taste soooo much alcohol!
27. Buy all your friends gag gifts at Art Smart’s Dart Mart
It has everything you need for that annoying friend.
28. Eat five tacos at BelAir Cantina
Celebrate taco Tuesday AND Thursday with $2 tacos.
32. Get your PBR on at Swingin’ Door Exchange
Three cans of PBR are $5 at this cozy dive bar.
33. Play skee-ball at Lee’s Luxury Lounge
Ten bucks will get you a lot of skee-ball.
34. Play pub trivia by Quizmaster
If you’re going to be sitting at a bar anyway, might as well put that thinking cap on.
35. Sip a Mai Tai at Foundation
There’s a reason this drink is a classic.
36. See a show in the dome theater at the Milwaukee Public Museum
Take a motion-sickness pill because you will get dizzy.
37. Hit the roller-skating rink
Price: $8 including skates
Maybe you won’t fall as much as you did when you were a kid.
38. Collect some vinyl at Bullseye Records
It's got everything from reggae to punk.
39. Drink at a church... festival
Beer and church and cover bands go pretty well together in Wisconsin.
40. Commune with nature at the Boerner Botanical Gardens
We could all use a little serenity in our lives.
Sign up here for our daily Milwaukee email and be the first to get all the food/drink/fun in the Brew City.