1. Thursday follows Hump Day. From here, things only get easier and easier.
2. Three words: Thursday drink specials. It's like Friday, without that guilty feeling when you look at your bank statement on Saturday.
3. You actually have a chance of getting into that exclusive bar on Thursday. You don’t even need to know the bouncer’s roommate’s uncle or whatever excuse you use on way-less-democratic Saturdays.
4. No one’s worn out from the night before and everyone’s excited to say goodbye to the work week (early, but close enough). The same can’t be said for Mondays, which feel like everyone just returned from that battle in Game Of Thrones.
5. If you start thinking of the weekend officially starting on Thursday night (with a measly 8 hours of work wedged in between that and Friday at 5), it feels pretty long.
6. Plus, if your job does the whole “Summer Fridays” thing, that means only 4 hours interrupt your three-day weekend. That’s 72 hours before you need to think about emails, meetings, conference calls and everything else that's driving you to go out right now.