Starbucks has released its first drink featuring coconut milk as the main ingredient. The Iced Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato (try saying that four times fast) features espresso shots, coconut milk and white chocolate mocha sauce over ice, topped with caramel and mocha sauces because MOAR SUGAR. Naturally, our first thought when we heard the news was to turn the drink into a cocktail.
The solution was simple. Coconut means Piña Colada. Piña Colada means rum and pineapple. So here’s what you do...
- Go to Starbucks and order a tall Iced Coconut Milk Mocha Macchiato (or do what we did and ask for “one of those coconut thingies”).
- Tell them your name is Sparklefresh McSunshinepants (DO NOT OMIT THIS STEP).
- Take your coco-mocha-frappa-what’s-it home because laws.
- Pour the contents, ice and all, into a blender.
- Add 2 oz white rum and 1 oz pineapple juice
- Blend until your Mocholada (was that so hard, Starbucks?) is frothy.
- Inflate plastic palm tree. Don straw hat and shades.
In all honesty, we believe our tinkering greatly improved the beverage by toning down the sweetness of the version served at the ‘Buck. As with the Long Island Iced Tea Slurpee, you can order a venti size if you want and adjust the amounts to taste.