In a statement from Bacardi -- which owns Bombay as well as several other major liquor brands -- the company claims the mistake was made while some bottles "inadvertently entered the bottling line during a short period of time" while bottling tanks were being changed, and only 1.14-litre bottles of Sapphire are affected. They also claim that 1,000 cases, at most, were affected. That's still a lot of overly potent hooch.
The affected bottles were sold in Ontario, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Alberta, Quebec, and Saskatchewan, though it's unclear exactly how many were purchased. The remnants of the bad batch has since been pulled from shelves, and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency says that it hasn't gotten anyone sick. However, Bacardi is urging anyone who picked a surprisingly strong bottle before the mistake was noticed not to drink it. "We do not recommend consumption of this product," they said. Anyone who did pick up a bottle with a product code of L16304W printed on the bottom can return it to the place of purchase for a full refund.