As for the food-borne illness allegation itself, Chipotle spokesperson Chris Arnold told Eater the company hasn't received any reports of illness connected to its restaurants in NYC:
"We are aware of the post made on Twitter, however there have been no reports of illnesses at any of our New York restaurants," he said. "Moreover, we have excellent health department scores throughout the city, and we continue to have the highest standards of food safety in our restaurants."
By the time the markets closed on Thursday, Chipotle was still down $10.27 (2.56%), suggesting the company's comeback is even vulnerable to unconfirmed reports of illness connected to its restaurants. A norovirus scare that temporarily shuttered a Massachusetts Chipotle back in March also damaged the company's attempts to lure customers back to its restaurants after a series of devastating food-borne illness incidents sickened more than 50 people last year. Chipotle's same-store sales dropped almost 30% in the first quarter of this year.