Spice Up Your Ice Cream With Indian-Inspired Flavors
Lemon dill yogurt sauce
- 1 cup plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Chill until ready to use.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup yogurt lemon dill (recipe above)
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- Cut the lettuce into wedges. Top each wedge with a couple tablespoons of yogurt sauce and sprinkle with herbs.
Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds red-skin potatoes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Dill for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425. Heat baking sheet in the oven for at least 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes to a medium pot; cover them with 2 inches of water and add a handful of salt. Bring pot to a boil and cook potatoes for about 10 minutes (until tender... test with a fork). Drain and dry.
- Place potatoes on cutting board and flatten by applying pressure with hand and a spatula. Combine olive oil and minced garlic in a small bowl. Place smashed potatoes on the heated baking sheet. Drizzle the oil and garlic mixture over potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until potato skin is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from pan and garnish with dill.
- 1 top round London broil
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat grill to high.
- Mix salt, pepper, mustard seed, sugar, garlic powder, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Apply dry rub by massaging it into the entire exterior of the meat.
- Grill meat for 5-6 minutes. Uncover and flip meat. Grill on other side for another 5-6 minutes for medium rare.
- Let rest on cutting board for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
- Fresh dill
- 1 cucumber sliced thin
- Combine all vinegar, salt, sugar and mustard seed in a jar. Seal and shake until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cucumber and dill to the jar and let marinade until ready to serve.
Sparkling vodka mint cooler
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 pint vodka
- 1 liter seltzer
- Juice lemon quarters and add them to a large pitcher. Sprinkle mint and sugar over the lemon. Muddle together with the back of a wooden spoon until everything is crushed and combined.
- Pour in vodka and stir, making sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Top with ice and seltzer. Serve immediately.