In response to the accident, the Auburn Police Department has joined several other local law enforcement agencies across the country in warning people of the potential dangers of playing the game. Here's what they recommend, per the safety alert:
- Do not use the application when you are operating a motor vehicle or bicycle
- Do not trespass on private property when trying to “catch” a Pokemon
- Be aware of your surroundings when walking and do not stare down at your phone not knowing hazards around you, like roadways, drop-offs, waterways, etc.
- Use caution when sharing your location as strangers can see your location information
- Travel in groups in public/well lit locations
Anyway, we can't think of a single Pokémon worth even the risk of injury and destruction (you'll probably just find freaking Pidgeys anyway). Oh, and one more thing: you can't catch 'em all if you're dead.