This Restaurant Reinvented the McGriddle
Paleo BBQ chicken
- 4 leg and thigh chicken quarters
- 3 scallions, sliced on a bias for garnish
- 7 ounces can tomato paste
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small pot, combine tomato paste, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, honey, butter, and ½ cup of water. Whisk thoroughly cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pat chicken dry with paper towel and apply dry rub to entire exterior of each piece. Grill chicken until charred, about 15 minutes. Brush each piece with BBQ sauce and continue grilling until cooked all the way through--about another 20 minutes, brushing with more BBQ sauce as needed. Remove from grill to a platter and sprinkle with scallions.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large red onion (or 3 shallots), thinly sliced
- 1 bunch, or 8 cups collard greens, finely chopped
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add greens and cook until they are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar, salt, and pepper and cook for about 5-6 minutes longer, or until greens are tender.
- Add lemon juice and red pepper flakes, stir, and remove from pan.
Aunt Martha's Southern cornbread
- 2 cups gluten free cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (13.5 ounce) unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Heat 9-inch cast-iron skillet or baking dish in the oven while it is preheating.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, salt, and baking soda. In another bowl, or measuring cup, whisk together milk, vinegar, egg, and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Remove hot skillet from the oven. Pour the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter into the skillet. Once oil is hot, pour the batter into the skillet and shake the skillet so that the batter covers the surface. Bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
Paleo Banana Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 bananas, sliced for layering
- In a blender, blend all ingredients together until combined and fluffy.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan, cook -- whisking constantly -- until it begins to thicken, about 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour into a heatproof bowl and chill for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- Once pudding is cooled, layer in 4 clear 8 ounce containers: bananas, pudding, bananas, pudding. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with a few slices of banana before serving.