Crack Open a Cold One This Father's Day with 5 Beer-Inspired Ice Cream Flavors
Salt & Straw has done it again!
This Father's Day, indie ice cream brand Salt & Straw wants dads to kick up their feet and enjoy a nice cold one. But the brand isn't talking beer, at least not in a traditional sense. Salt & Straw just dropped a line of craft beer-inspired ice creams called The Cold Ones Pack.
This isn't Salt & Straw's first foray into unconventional ice cream flavors; the brand literally just dropped a flavor that tastes like fried chicken. The Cold Ones Pack comes in two varieties, one with five flavors, and the other with six. The classic five pack offers fans Great Notion's Mellifluous Strawberry & Guava Smoothie Sour, Reverend Nat's St. Citron Margarita Sherbet, Modern Times' Nola Coffee Stout, Breakside Brewery's Half & Half Crunch, and Wynwood Brewing Mango Habanero IPA Sorbet. For the six pack option fans can add the vault-favorite option, Brown Ale & Bacon.
Here's what's in each flavor:
- Great Notion's Mellifluous Strawberry & Guava Smoothie Sour: features loads of roasted strawberries, a bit of extra hops, and a generous pour of delicious beer to cream. Then it's followed with a passionfruit and guava curd to play up its tropical notes.
- Reverend Nat's St. Citron Margarita Sherbet: the flavor focuses on combining fresh citron juice, full of bergamot and yuzu lemon-lime flavor, adding a dash of salt and a good squeeze of lime for one carefully balanced citrus explosion.
- Modern Times' Nola Coffee Stout (v): features a bittersweet syrup from stout wort with cacao nibs to harness the stout's malty richness into cream, before adding in gently toasted bits of shredded coconut. An intensely dark house made chicory fudge, using Modern Times' own Shadow Party Coffee, adds a coffee-forward kick.
- Breakside Brewery's Half & Half Crunch: features a secret recipe with chocolatey and nougaty swirl, crunchy bits of malted caramelized white chocolate crumbled throughout for buttery, golden good measure.
- Wynwood Brewing Mango Habanero IPA Sorbet (v): features the hop-heavy Laces IPA from Wynwood, Miami's first craft brewery, and adds fresh habaneros, then cools it off with Florida mangoes and citrus.
Each of the Cold One's Pack flavors Salt & Straw crafted with different breweries to come up with totally unique flavors. Fans can order the five count Cold Ones Pack online to come just in time for Father's Day for $85. The six pack is $95.