After her injury, Toothless' owner took her to HerpVet, an animal hospital in Mount Ommaney, Australia, which treated her and thankfully shared her story with the world in a Facebook post. The poor snake was eating dinner and "during the swallowing process her left lower jawbone folded and got stuck on her throat." They speculated that her jaw was weakened because she'd recently laid eggs. We can all agree that that sounds horrible and wouldn't want that to happen to us -- see how much we have in common?
Toothless ended up with a pretty ridiculous overbite, and an X-ray showed there was a small break in her jawbone. But the bone was too small for surgery. Hence: Toothless got some braces. These braces were actually made out of a paper clip super-glued to her scales (so much cheaper than the human kind). After one reapplication, the clip stayed in place "until she shed and this was long enough to allow her to heal."
She's been placed on pain-relief meds and is receiving a calcium supplement to help strengthen her. "Food will be withheld for a couple of weeks at which point a final X-ray will be taken to confirm healing has completed." Apparently, she's got "only a single damaged scale to show anything ever happened."