Summer's not over yet, but it is winding down. That means it's time to start planning for how you're going to transform fall into Summer Part 2. The best way to do that is to make sure you have some trips planned -- preferably to warm places. Conveniently, Southwest Airlines is throwing a seriously huge sale with discounted flights from all over the United States this fall (and well into winter), so you can start planning that extended summer right now.
The sale runs through August 16, and you'll be able to find one-way flights for as low as $47. Keep in mind that Southwest isn't a budget airline, so that price will even include things like luggage and access to oxygen. While you won't be getting a round-trip fare for under $50, you should be able to find a round-trip deal for around $100 if you play your cards right. And again, this sale is seriously huge, with domestic and international flights, and it's you should be able to find fodder for a spontaneous trip no matter where you are in the country.
Miami: The Ultimate Local's Guide
Here are some of the best domestic deals
- Las Vegas, NV to Long Beach, CA for $47
- San Jose, CA to Las Vegas, NV for $49
- San Francisco, CA to Portland, OR for $56
- Milwaukee, WI to Nashville, TN for $60
- Columbus, OH to Washington, DC for $78
- San Antonio, TX to New Orleans, LA for $84
- New York, NY to Chicago, IL for $88
- Omaha, NE to Chicago, IL for $89
- Denver, CO to Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN to $94
- Los Angeles, CA to Austin, TX for $115.
Here are some of the best international deals
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands for $59
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Nassau, Bahamas for $77
- Tampa, FL to Havana, Cuba for $99
- San Diego, CA to Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos, Mexico for $107
- Los Angeles, CA to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for $119
- Houston, TX to Cancun, Mexico for $139
- Denver, CO to Belize City, Belize for $148
- Chicago, IL to Cancun, Mexico for $191
- Baltimore/Washington, MD to Aruba, Aruba for $208
- Chicago, IL to Montego Bay, Jamaica for $229
Even if you don't see anything that applies to you here, head to the official sale page and select your departure city from almost 100 options. If you're serious about getting out of the States, make sure you select "Display International Cities" to only see trips abroad. Keep in mind that there are some blackout dates (which you can see at the bottom of the sale page), and that the best deals are for September and October travel. You should be able to find trips all the way into February though.
So, call your most fun friend and get booking. Summer won't last forever.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email and subscribe here for our YouTube channel to get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.