This Valentine's Day Milkshake Is Topped With a Slice of Red Velvet Cake
Sheet pan nachos
- 1 large red onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 links fresh chorizo
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1 large tomato
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 small block Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8-ounce container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Slice ½ a red onion and places them in small bowl. Add vinegar and sugar. Set aside.
- In a cast-iron pan, cook chorizo (out of casing) until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- For salsa, dice tomato, ½ the red onion, ½ jalapeno and mix with 1/2 cilantro bunch (roughly chopped), and juice of 1 lime. Set aside.
- Place entire bag of tortilla chips on a large sheet pan, and cover with shredded cheese, black beans, chorizo, and bake until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream, remaining cilantro and jalapeño, salsa, pickled onion, avocado and sliced radish.
- 2 24-ounce Mexican beers, like Corona
- Hot sauce
- 2 limes
- 1 packet soy sauce
- Tajin for rim
- Dip rim of 4 pint glasses (or steins?) in Tajin.
- Fill glasses with ice and fill halfway with beer.
- Add 2 dashes of hot sauce, juice of half a lime, and a bit of soy sauce to each glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge.