The 'Black Mirror' Killer Pizza Truck Is Real Now, Thanks To Pizza Hut
More From $30 Dinner Party
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes, about 2 pounds, sliced into rounds
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 8 eggs
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat oil in a 10- or 12-inch non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic to the pan, then toss with potatoes until all are coated in oil. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat eggs thoroughly. Add salt and roasted red peppers. Remove potato mixture from pan with a slotted spoon to drain any excess oil. Add potatoes to the egg mixture and stir until egg is evenly incorporated.
- Wipe out non-stick skillet. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Pour egg and potato mixture into pan and cook about 1-2 minutes (or until the egg starts to set), then transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until egg is completely set.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes, and then invert onto a platter or cutting board. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Red pepper aioli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 roasted red peppers (about ⅓-½ cup)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- In a food processor or blender, pulse together garlic and red pepper, until both are chopped into a paste. Add egg yolks and lemon juice and keep motor running while very slowly streaming olive oil into the mixture.
- Once the oil is all combined, season to taste with salt.
- Serve on toast, or as a condiment for tortilla Española or other dishes.
Fried stuffed olives
- 1 jar pitted black olives
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Drain olives, remove any broken pieces, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine feta, parsley, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and pepper.
- Using a small spoon and your fingers, stuff each olive with feta mixture.
- In a Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium-high to about 365.
- Season the flour with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Dip each olive in the flour, beaten egg, roll in breadcrumbs, and drop into the oil. After about 30 seconds per side, or when the olives are golden brown, remove olives with a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil, and serve immediately or at room temperature.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 (3.75 ounces) tin sardines in olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Potato chips, for serving
- Pour olive oil into a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add sardines, garlic and red pepper flakes. Let cook until garlic softens, about 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley. Transfer sardines to a bowl.
- Top a potato chip with a sardine and enjoy!
- 1 baguette
- 4 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1 large ripe beefsteak tomato, or two ripe roma tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 3-inch pieces. Place bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Broil until bread is slightly charred. Once the bread is toasted, rub each slice -- toasted side -- with the cut side of the garlic.
- Meanwhile, grate the tomato on the large hole of a box grater; discard any skin that doesn't easily grate.
- Spoon tomato mixture over the garlic-rubbed bread. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
- 1 (20-ounce) bottle cola
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle red wine
- Ice, for serving
- lemon peel, for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine cola and red wine. Pour into a glass with ice. Top with lemon peel.
- Repeat with remaining drink.