How Pro Athletes Use Cannabis for Performance
Does cannabis belong in the sports world? Several professional athletes weigh in.
On this week's episode of Thrillist's Best Podcast -- listen and subscribe here! -- I'm speaking with several professional athletes (and one doctor who works out a lot) about cannabis in the sports world, and how they use it to recover physically and mentally. Featuring:
- Former NBA pro Al Harrington on his cannabis venture, Viola, and why he advocates for cannabis use in the NBA
- Cyclist and disqualified Tour De France winner Floyd Landis [Floyd's of Leadville] on how he uses CBD to help ease chronic pain and anxiety, and how cannabis changed his life
- Dr. Mike Hart, a cannabis-focused physician on how cannabis can be used medicinally, and the safest ways to consume
- Eugene Monroe, former top draft pick and NFL offensive lineman who has become a leading voice for implementing cannabis use in professional football
- My own experiment taking edibles and then working out (it's very scientific)
It combines three of my favorite things, cannabis, sports, and audio recordings. Enjoy!