You Can Now Get Artisanal Twinkies Delivered to Your Door in NYC
Pulled BBQ jackfruit sandwiches
- 2 cans young jackfruit
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 bag shredded slaw mix
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon cayenne
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cans young jackfruit, 2 teaspoons cayenne, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, salt and pepper, and stir until jackfruit is thoroughly covered with spices.
- On medium-high heat, drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil into a nonstick pan. Warm oil, then add jackfruit. Allow to simmer until jackfruit is tender.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for BBQ sauce. Whisk thoroughly and pour half the sauce into the pan with jackfruit and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. With a potato mashed or fork, mash the jackfruit until it begins to shred and resembles pulled pork. Remove from heat and combine with remaining BBQ sauce.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for slaw and mix.
- To build sandwiches, spoon a generous portion of jackfruit onto hamburger bun, top with slaw, and serve.
Kale salad with pesto
- 1 ½ cups basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 4 cups dinosaur kale, cut into ribbons
- ½ cup onion, diced
- In a food processor, blend basil, 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds, ¼ cup oil, and salt until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, onion, 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, and pesto by massaging with clean hands until kale is tender and dressing is thoroughly incorporated.
Vegan strawberry ice cream
- 1 pound of strawberries
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons, sugar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Remove stems from strawberries and cut them in half.
- In a medium mixing bowl, muddle strawberries and ¾ cup sugar. Add lemon juice and set aside.
- In a blender, add coconut cream, 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla, and half of strawberry mixture. Blend on high until smooth. Pour into a loaf pan, then spoon remaining strawberry mixture in.
- Freeze overnight.