Washington Capitals parade route
The parade begins at 11am at Constitution Avenue and 23rd Street NW by the Lincoln Memorial. It will then head down Constitution toward Seventh Street NW. It will turn south on Seventh briefly, before ending with a rally on the National Mall.
The nation's capital is no stranger to large rallies and parades. Nonetheless, expect large crowds and lots of traffic. More than 100,000 people are expected to be in attendance.
"Washington, D.C., is a place where we hold a parade almost every weekend," DC Police Chief Peter Newsham told WTOP. "This is something we do and we do very well."
The parade will feature the Washington Capitals as well as a flyover by four F-16s from the D.C. Air National Guard. Also on the list of guests, per a press release from the team:
- Washington Capitals alumni
- Eastern High School Blue and White Marching Machine Marching Band
- Ballou High School Majestic Knights Marching Band
- DC Fire Department Emerald Society Pipes & Drums
- Capital One Arena ice crew
- The Capitals Red Rockers and mascot Slapshot
- Many Capitals broadcasters
- Mayor Muriel Bowser and members of the DC City Council