Giving Alan Thicke's birthday retweet a serious run for "best thing about Twitter", Tweet-A-Beer's PDX-based creators are using e-commerce platforms Chirpify/PayPal to let you send the price of a cheap beer ($5) to anyone with a Twitter account, ensuring you're no longer prevented from sharing a pint by "distance, agoraphobia, (or) gang rivalries", which until now have had a Crip-pling effect on beer sales.
Still confused? Not sure you want to try it? Scared of accidentally Tweeting-A-Fear, and having everyone find out you're deathly scared of unisex bathrooms? Well, there's nothing that can be done about that, but here are
a ton of six reasons to Tweet-A-Beer:
- Once you're freed from the shackles of making your way to the bar, waving money/your breasts at the bartender, then choosing the actual suds your gift recipient wants, you can spend more time at home with your Tagalog Rosetta Stone CDs, so you can eventually run for office in the Philippines.
- One day, humans will consume all their foods/beverages through Twitter. Might as well start now!
- Tweeting a drink at a lady is much smoother than actually having to talk to her, because you know you're just gonna lapse into babbling about the Hunger Games adaptation again.
- Faxing beer, while awesome, is also messy and life-threatening.
- You can even send one to your Canadian model girlfriend who totally exists, but just lives in Canada and doesn't like you showing people her picture because she's mad shy despite being so pretty.
- There's an outside chance the bar may have a [shudder] unisex bathroom.
Irish Hazelnut Cream Is the Boozy Winter Warmer You Needed