Bacon: according to the Internet, it's pretty delicious. It's high time you verified that for yourself at Baconfest, a four-hour, all-inclusive blowout at the Royal Oak Farmers Market, at which you can expect pork products specially created for the day by 20 local restos & food trucks, bacon-related alcoholic imbibables, and more broccolini than you would ever know what to do with. Wait, that actually should've read "bacon." It's not 'til June, but there's no way tickets don't sell out in astonishing fashion, so get those now and ready your cholesterol counter for:
- Detroit BBQ Co.'s Bacon Explosion: sausage, ground bacon & cheese made into a log, then wrapped w/ bacon, or what the Fat Boys wished they could've claimed after every show
- ZIN Wine Bar's absurdly awesome bacon sushi & bacon cotton candy
- Bacon-wrapped belly w/ agave nectar from One-Eyed Betty's, who has terrible depth perception, but really good pork dishes
- Other hog-tastic creations from Lockhart's, Rattlesnake Club, Grange Kitchen, Toasted Oak, and El Guapo, who will surely be providing a plethora of something
- Cocktails loaded liberally with Bakon Vodka, and served by the Detroit Derby Girls, to whom you should definitely not say "check, please!"
- "Bacon Stations" set up throughout the venue offering "palate-cleansing" strips of hickory-smoked, applewood-smoked & fat-streaked pork
- Mad bok choy. Siiiike!!!
Buffalo Chicken Beer Cheese Fondue Fries Are Like an Edible Sports Bar