From Tommy Fraioli
- 1 box mac and cheese
- ½ stalk celery (diced)
- 2 cups crab meat
- 1 cup cheese (Muenster is suggested)
- 1 egg
- Sauté celery and crab with a little oil.
- Cook box of mac and cheese according to instructions.
- Add crab and celery mixture, then add the extra cheese so it is think and cheesy
- When it is cool, roll mac and cheese into little balls
- Roll in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs so they are nicely coated.
- Heat up some vegetable oil to 375 degrees
- Drop in mac and cheese balls and cook until they are nice and crispy (about 3min).
- Serve hot with a dipping sauce of your choice.
As an alternative, instead of rolling in eggs and breadcrumbs, make a better batter with flour and beer. Dunk in the batter and fry for about 3-4min.