Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be giant-sized, able to pick people up and carry them in your hands? How about being the one carried around? Now, thanks to the German startup Twinkind there's a way to do both, via their five-step process that turns you into a 3D mini model of yourself. Here's how it works:
1. Book an appointment to visit their Hamburg, Germany studio, where you'll choose scale alongside other options. With seven sizes ranging between six to 14 inches tall, they'll surely have something to appropriately reflect your vanity.
2. Next, they'll use special custom-engineered equipment to do a full body scan, capturing your likeness with multiple cameras from every angle. Don't worry, it's completely harmless. But make sure to wear something you're comfortable being immortalized in.
3. Once all the visible details have been analyzed, they'll tweak any glitchy areas to ensure the finished print turns out as lifelike as possible.
4. Using the latest and most-advanced 3D-printing tech available, they'll bring your digital sculpture into the real world volumetric pixel by volumetric pixel (also known more affectionately as a voxel).
5. Lastly, they'll look you over and address any imperfections (color, extraneous bits of printing material, etc), then put you in a box to ship home where you can finally play with yourself without closing the blinds.