Meat Flowers Are Here to Give You The Best Valentine's Day
Green Chili Chicken Wings Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 5 pounds chicken wings, split at the joints and tips removed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- Zest of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 fresh Anaheim green chiles
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup green jalapeño hot sauce
- 1 coarsely chopped jalapeño (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup creamy blue cheese dip, for serving
- Celery and carrot sticks, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and position racks in the middle and upper third. Spread the wings out on 2 greased baking sheets in a single layer. Combine salt, lime zest, cumin, and coriander; sprinkle evenly on wings. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, turning once, until browned and crispy.
- Hold fresh chiles over an open flame on the stove until skins begins to blister. Place them in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; allow to steam for 10 minutes. Remove stems, peel skin off, and purée in a blender until smooth. Add melted butter, hot sauce, jalapeño, and garlic powder; purée on high until smooth. Transfer sauce to a large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken wings to the bowl with the chili sauce and toss to coat. Pour the wings and any extra sauce onto a large platter and serve right away with blue cheese and celery.