A simple mix of hot water, sweetener, spice and spirit (typically whiskey), the Hot Toddy is a classic folk remedy for the common cold. It also happens to be a delicious and endlessly adaptable warming cocktail. There are almost as many versions of the Hot Toddy as there are spirits being distilled. You can make a delicious Toddy with everything from rum to brandy to genever. And while we can’t speak to the cocktail’s medical merit, we can speak to its sweet, cozy flavors and its soul-soothing super powers.
- 4 oz hot water
- 2 oz whiskey
- .5 oz lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish (optional)
- Ground nutmeg, for garnish (optional)
- Ground cloves, for garnish (optional)
- Star anise, for garnish (optional)
- Lemon peel, for garnish (optional)
Add whiskey, honey and lemon juice to a mug and stir to combine.
Top with hot water, and garnish however you see fit.
Contributed by Supercall