Salmon Pizza Recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 16-inch pizza
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup crème fraîche
- 1 (6-ounce) can boneless, skinless wild Alaska salmon, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (5-ounce) can white tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, plus more for spreading
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 2 thin slices tomato
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Stretch out dough into a 16-inch round and place on a pizza stone or ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and crème fraîche until smooth. Spread evenly over crust. Top with remaining ingredients, arranging evenly over pizza.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.
- Heat broiler, with rack in highest position. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, onion, capers, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place bread on a baking sheet and spread a little mayonnaise on the top. Add the tuna salad and top with tomato slices and cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbling, 3 to 4 minutes.
Anchovy Fries Recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- ½ cup pale ale
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 (2-ounce) tins anchovies
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Coarse salt
- 1 lime, sliced into 4 wedges
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup boiling-hot water
- 1 (16-ounce) can wild Alaska pink salmon, skin and bones removed, drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a medium bowl, whisk together beer and flour until smooth.
- Drain anchovies and pat dry.
- In a heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high heat until a deep-fat thermometer registers 350°F.
- Dredge fish in batter to coat completely, dragging lightly against side of bowl to remove excess, and fry until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer anchovies to paper towels to drain.
- Serve with lime.
- Place gelatin, lemon juice, onion, and water in a blender and mix until well combined.
- Add salmon, mayonnaise, dill, and paprika; blend again until smooth.
- Gradually add cream, pulsing as you go, until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a quart-size mold and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, or until firm.
- To unmold, dip the mold in warm water and invert it onto a plate.