Almond Tequila Horchata Is the Boozy Milkshake of Your Dreams
Tequila, meet horchata. We're firm believers that tequila is always a good idea, mostly because if we said it wasn't you'd still drink it just as much (if not more). Ditch the shots and slow your roll for something a bit sweeter, like this absurdly delicious recipe for an almond tequila horchata. We can't decide if it's the tropical vacation you can't afford in a glass, or if it's the boozy milkshake you've always dreamed of -- all we know is it's damn good and you need to make it now.
Almond Tequila Horchata
- Cinnamon sugar, to garnish
- Nutmeg, grated, to garnish
- 1 ounce nutmeg simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce almond milk
- ½ ounce coconut water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat the rim of a shot glass with cinnamon and sugar, and set aside.
- Add the homemade nutmeg simple syrup, tequila, almond milk, coconut water, and vanilla extract to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into the prepared glass. Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.