- 2 ounces tequila blanco
- 3 ounces aloe juice
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp pink himalayan sea salt
- aloe plant, for garnish
- 2 ounces margarita mix:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lime juice (about 10 limes)
- Remove aloe stalk from plant and trim the bottom with a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Make homemade margarita mix: squeeze the lime juice into a bowl or measuring cup. Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Let the mixture cool a bit before adding in the lime juice, mix together, and pour into a bottle. Refrigerate the mix for up to two weeks.
- On a small plate, mix up salt, cayenne pepper, and pink Himalayan sea salt. Cut a lime wedge and run it along the rim of a rocks glass.
- Roll the rim of the glass around in the salt mixture. Set aside.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine homemade margarita mix, tequila, and aloe juice. Shake vigorously, strain and pour into salt rimmed rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with aloe stalks and serve.