Keep Cool With a Refreshing Aloe Margarita
While the summer sun's still blazing, make this aloe margarita with fresh aloe stalks, homemade margarita mix, and a healthy amount of tequila. This new cocktail will cool you and your hot summer skin right down. Courtesy of A Beautiful Mess.
3 ounces aloe juice
squeeze of fresh lime juice
3 tbsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp pink himalayan sea salt
aloe plant, for garnish
2 ounces margarita mix:
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup lime juice (about 10 limes)
- Remove aloe stalk from plant and trim the bottom with a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Make homemade margarita mix: squeeze the lime juice into a bowl or measuring cup. Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Let the mixture cool a bit before adding in the lime juice, mix together, and pour into a bottle. Refrigerate the mix for up to two weeks.
- On a small plate, mix up salt, cayenne pepper, and pink Himalayan sea salt. Cut a lime wedge and run it along the rim of a rocks glass.
- Roll the rim of the glass around in the salt mixture. Set aside.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine homemade margarita mix, tequila, and aloe juice. Shake vigorously, strain and pour into salt rimmed rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with aloe stalks and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.