Make This Apple Brandy Elderflower Sparkler for Your Next Fancy Party
Apple Bourbon Bellini
- 6 ounces apple-infused bourbon (3 whole apples, 3 whole cinnamon sticks, ½ (750-ml) bottle bourbon)
- 3 apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 bottle prosecco
- Infuse The Bourbon: Core and slice the apples. In half-gallon Mason jar, combine the apple slices, cinnamon sticks, and bourbon, pouring the latter to the rim. Ensure that the slices and sticks are completely submerged and seal tightly. Store the jar in a cool and dark place, and infuse for up to 2 weeks. When ready, strain the solids from the bourbon and discard.
- Make The Apple Purée: Pour the water, sugar, and lemon juice into a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until the mixture is smooth and uniform throughout, and then transfer it to a small bowl.
- Make The Cocktail: Add a heaping tablespoon of apple purée to the bottom of each champagne flute. Pour 1 ounce of infused bourbon into each glass, and finish with a float of prosecco. If desired, drop a thin apple slice into each flute as an optional garnish.