Whiskey Enthusiasts, This Bourbon Apple Crush Is the Winter Cocktail You've Been Waiting For
Apple Bourbon Amaretto
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 1 small orange, thinly sliced
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce apple cider
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1½ ounces bourbon
- ½ ounce amaretto
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- To make the bruleed oranges, sprinkle one side of each orange slice with sugar. Add the oranges to a dry, hot skillet over medium-high heat, and cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly caramelized. Place them on a plate with the bruleed sides facing up and set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the cinnamon-sugar mixture and place them on a small plate. Wet the rim of the desired serving glass and dip it into the mixture, pressing down to coat. Add a few ice cubes to the glasses and set aside.
- To make the cocktail, add 1 ounce of apple cider, 1 ounce of orange juice, 1½ ounces bourbon, a ½ ounce of amaretto, and 2 dashes of bitters to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into a cinnamon-sugar-rimmed glass. Garnish with a bruleed orange and serve.