This Whiskey Jam Fizz Is Literally Your New Jam
Apple Cider Sangria
- 1 box wine + 3 bottles of wine
- 2 cups apple pie vodka
- 2 cups ginger liqueur
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 4 apples, cubed
- 4 pears, cubed
- 8 – 10 cinnamon sticks
- 3-4 star anise
- A pinch of whole cloves
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon simple syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, water and cinnamon sticks. Allow mixture to come to a boil and for the sugar to dissolve completely. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Then cool the syrup entirely in the fridge.
- Get to work on slicing and dicing all fruits (grapes, apples and pears), making sure to keep the skin in tact for color (tho that means giving all fruit a good wash) and pile the fruits in a large pitcher or container.
- Start to build your sangria by pouring cinnamon syrup over the fruit. Follow the syrup with cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, apple pie vodka, ginger brandy, apple cider and boxed wine. Give the mixture a good stir and allow to marinate overnight in a cool environment (preferably a fridge if you have enough room).
- The next day, hollow out an apple by cutting off just the very top and scoring the insides carefully with a knife. Use a strong spoon to hollow out. Scoop out some fruit from the pitcher and place inside apple. Fill with the sangria and top with a star anise and stick of cinnamon. Serve.