BACARDÍ 8 Años Rum New Year's Old Fashioned
- 2 parts BACARDÍ 8 Años rum
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 splash water
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 orange peel
- In a rocks glass, combine the sugar, water, and Angostura bitters with a bar spoon.
- Next, add half the BACARDÍ 8 Años rum along with 2-3 large ice cubes, stirring repeatedly.
- Pour in the second half of the rum and 2-3 more ice cubes, continuing to stir.
- Cut a piece of orange peel (approximately 5 cm long); express the orange peel over the drink to release the citrus oils; drop the peel into the drink to finish.