A good Old Fashioned combines simplicity with the complexity of rum. This take on the Old Fashioned brings in BACARDÍ 8 Años rum (sophisticatedly aged), bitters, and sugar for a new spin on an old favorite.
BACARDÍ 8 Años Old Fashioned
- 2 parts BACARDÍ 8 Años Rum
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 splash water
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 orange peel
- In an old fashioned glass, combine the sugar, water, and Angostura Bitters with a bar spoon.
- Next, add half the BACARDÍ 8 Años rum along with 2-3 large ice cubes, stirring repeatedly.
- Pour in the second half of the rum and 2-3 more ice cubes, continuing to stir.
- Cut a piece of orange peel (approximately 5 centimeters long); express the orange peel over the drink, releasing citrus oils. Drop the peel into the drink to finish.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.