Stay Classy with this BACARDÍ 8 Años Rum Holiday Old Fashioned
A classic holiday always includes a few things, like classic songs, games, baking cookies, telling stories... and making a good Old Fashioned. Made with BACARDÍ 8 Años rum and garnished with an orange peel, this Old Fashioned will become another favored tradition, right alongside that amazing secret-family-recipe stuffing.
BACARDÍ 8 Años Rum Holiday Old Fashioned
- 2 parts BACARDÍ 8 Años Rum
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 splash water
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 orange peel
- In a rocks glass, combine the sugar, water, and Angostura Bitters with a bar spoon.
- Next, add half the BACARDÍ 8 Años rum along with 2-3 large ice cubes, stirring repeatedly.
- Pour in the second half of the rum and 2-3 more ice cubes, continuing to stir.
- Cut a piece of orange peel (approximately 5 cm long); express the orange peel over the drink to release the citrus oils; drop the peel into the drink to finish.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.