Cheers The End of The Year With This BACARDÍ Cranberry Mule
The mule might not be as famous as reindeer during the holidays, but this one is guaranteed to become a holiday favorite. Infusing BACARDÍ 8 Años rum with cranberries, combined with homemade cranberry syrup, it has a tart kick that compliments the flavors of lime and ginger beer almost as melodically as Uncle Frank's rendition of O Holy Night.
BACARDÍ Cranberry Mule
- For BACARDÍ 8 Años rum infused with cranberries: 1 cup cranberries, 1 cup BACARDÍ 8 Años rum
- For cranberry simple syrup: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1 cup cranberries
- For single serving:
- 1 ounces cranberry simple syrup
- 1 ounces BACARDÍ 8 Años rum infused with cranberries
- 2 parts lime juice
- 4-6 parts ginger beer
- Rosemary sprig, to garnish
- Fill a Mason jar with 1 cup of cranberries and 1 cup BACARDÍ 8 Años rum. Seal and let it infuse for a minimum of 24 hours at room temperature in a dark space.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, water, and cranberries for syrup. Simmer until the sugar dissolves.
- Continue to simmer until the berries have “popped” (approximately 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool fully.
- Strain the mixture through a fine sieve. Place the syrup in a sealable container and store it in the refrigerator.
- Squeeze lime juice into a copper mug. Fill the mug with ice and add 1 oz BACARDÍ 8 Años rum infused with cranberries, ginger beer, and cranberry simple syrup. Stir. Garnish with cranberries, a rosemary sprig, and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.