Twisted makes the best-looking breakfast hash we ever did see. This thing is all cooked in bacon grease (which makes it extra tasty), baked with eggs, and topped with avocado. Invite all your friends for a sleepover and make this for a great morning.
Loaded Breakfast Hash
Yield: 1 hash
- 8 thin slices of bacon, diced
- 1 white onion
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- olive oil, for cooking
- 5 large potatoes, diced and boiled
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 bunch spring onions
- chopped parsley
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF.
- Heat a deep frying pan or skillet to medium/high and add the oil. Fry the bacon pieces until crisp then add the onion and pepper and cook until soft, stirring often.
- Add the paprika, garlic salt, salt and pepper then stir to coat the onions and bacon thoroughly. Add the butter and once melted, pour in the potatoes and stir, then leave to crisp up on the bottom for a few minutes.
- Turn the potatoes and make three wells. Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes then crack the eggs into the three holes and allow to whiten slightly. Once whitening, place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes (until the eggs are cooked and the cheese is melted).
- Sprinkle with parsley and spring onions then arrange the avocado slices on top. Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.