BEGC Is Your New Go-To Breakfast Abbreviation
Twisted knows just how to take a grilled cheese to the next level by combining the trifecta that is bacon, egg, and cheese, and stuffing it between two buttery slices of bread. Along with avocado, it's got both cheddar and mozzarella cheese, making it one hell of a grilled cheese sandy.
Bacon & Egg Grilled Cheese
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 100g mozzarella
- 16 slices bacon
- Cook the bacon until crispy and drain on kitchen paper.
- Fry the eggs until cooked but still runny. Slice the avocados thinly. Grate the cheese.
- Butter one side of each bread slice. Assemble the sandwiches, creating distinct layers of bacon, cheese, egg, and avocado (with the buttered sides facing out).
- Heat a griddle pan to a medium heat and cook the sandwich until browned on one side. Very carefully turn and cook until the other side is golden brown too. Serve immediately.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.