Is Dessert Pizza Really a Pizza?
Bacon Cannoli Recipe
Total Time: 45 minutes, plus chilling time
- 1 ⅓ cups (11oz) ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- 12 slices bacon
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Put ricotta in a fine-mesh sieve and place it over a bowl. Cover, and let it drain in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat ricotta, powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice until fluffy. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while you cook the bacon.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Using 12 cannoli tubes, wrap one slice of bacon tightly around each. Overlap the edges so the bacon fully covers the tube. Bake on sheet for 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Let the bacon cool enough to handle. Use your hands to gently slide the bacon off the cannoli tubes while keeping its shape. You may need to wiggle them a bit to get them to come loose.
- Transfer filling to a gallon size Ziploc bag and snip off a tiny bit of one corner. Pipe the filling out of that hole and into the bacon shells.
- Dip the ends in chocolate chips and serve immediately.