Look, we'll never say no to an amazing cheeseburger -- but sometimes we can't deal with the hassle of firing up the grill. Don't despair, though! Food Steez has a solution for you: bacon cheeseburger tot bombs. Is it a burger? Sort of, but it's bite-sized and has the same bold flavor -- and tater tots, which are always a good idea. No grills were harmed in the making of this video, so watch the video to see how it's done.
Bacon Cheeseburger Tot Bombs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package bacon
- 1 block Cheddar cheese, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 package tater tots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil, to deep fry
- Thaw out the frozen tater tots to room temperature.
- Fry your strips of bacon (1 for each meatball you plan on making) until just cooked but not crispy.
- Add salt and pepper to the ground beef and mix thoroughly. Roll the ground beef into balls about the size of your palm.
- Cut cheese into 1 inch cubes. Carefully make a well into each meatball. Add the cheese cube and cover/seal it inside meatball.
- Wrap 1 strip of cooked bacon around each ball.
- Place the room temperature tater tots in a large mixing bowl. Mash together them together, then add 2 eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Press the tot mixture firmly onto each meatball so that it sticks and is evenly coated all around, then place it in freezer for 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Submerge the tot bombs in hot oil until they’re golden brown and crispy on the outside. Make sure that the beef is cooked through when you cut them open. Serve hot accompanied by the sauce of your choice.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.