This Cake Is Full of Surprises
Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 (5-count) package large, pre-made cinnamon roll dough
- 10-12 bacon strips
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Place bacon in the saucepan and fry for 2-3 minutes semi-cooked and still soft. Remove the bacon let it rest on a paper towel-lined plate to drain out any excess oil. Reserve 2 strips for the garnish.
- Spread out the cinnamon rolls into long strips. Lay 2 strips of bacon on each cinnamon roll, then fold it back up into a roll. Place each bacon-cinnamon roll into a greased pie tin.
- Cook the rolls according to package instructions.
- To make the frosting, combine the confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, butter, and maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth and evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven. Drizzle with frosting, sprinkle on the bacon bits, and serve.