Bacon Cinnamon Rolls Are Breakfast Perfected
Can't decide between sweet and savory? Here's a solution: don't, and decide instead to thank the breakfast gods that Food Steez's bacon cinnamon rolls exist. It's two of your favorite breakfast foods put together and it's a remarkably easy recipe to pull off. Go watch the video to see how it's done -- better stock up on bacon, you'll be making these often.
Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 (5-count) package large, pre-made cinnamon roll dough
- 10-12 bacon strips
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Heat a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Place bacon in the saucepan and fry for 2-3 minutes semi-cooked and still soft. Remove the bacon let it rest on a paper towel-lined plate to drain out any excess oil. Reserve 2 strips for the garnish.
- Spread out the cinnamon rolls into long strips. Lay 2 strips of bacon on each cinnamon roll, then fold it back up into a roll. Place each bacon-cinnamon roll into a greased pie tin.
- Cook the rolls according to package instructions.
- To make the frosting, combine the confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, butter, and maple syrup in a mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth and evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven. Drizzle with frosting, sprinkle on the bacon bits, and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.