These Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups Are What Your Tomato Soup Has Been Dreaming Of
Twisted knows how to make your favorite ol' standby even more comforting than you remember. Give the beloved combo of grilled cheese and tomato soup the upgrade of a lifetime with these simple steps: make fresh guac, sprinkle it with bacon bits, and roll it up into a damn delightfully cheesy dunking device.
Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups
Yield: 6 roll-ups, 1 bowl of soup
- 6 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bacon bits OR 1 package of bacon
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups tomato soup
- mozzarella cheese
- Remove crust from bread. Using a rolling pin, flatten bread squares to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Make your guacamole by mashing avocado, tomato, red onion, lime juice, and cilantro together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cheese slice on top of each slice of bread followed by a spoonful of guacamole with bacon bits, rolling up tightly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches of three, add roll ups to the skillet, cooking until all sides are golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes, adding more butter as needed.
- Optional: warm tomato soup on stove. Once hot, place in small dipping bowl and sprinkle 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.