This Mojito Hot Toddy Is the Destroyer of Colds
Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups
Yield: 6 roll-ups, 1 bowl of soup
- 6 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bacon bits OR 1 package of bacon
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups tomato soup
- mozzarella cheese
- Remove crust from bread. Using a rolling pin, flatten bread squares to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Make your guacamole by mashing avocado, tomato, red onion, lime juice, and cilantro together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place cheese slice on top of each slice of bread followed by a spoonful of guacamole with bacon bits, rolling up tightly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches of three, add roll ups to the skillet, cooking until all sides are golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes, adding more butter as needed.
- Optional: warm tomato soup on stove. Once hot, place in small dipping bowl and sprinkle 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.