This Restaurant Sells 20+ Types of Poutine
Bacon Mac & Cheese Quesadilla
- 2 packages bacon
- 1½ cups elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°degrees.
- Lay 6-8 strips of bacon vertically and flush against one another across a rimmed baking sheet or aluminum foil.
- Prepare another 6-8 strips to create the cross section of the weave.
- Fold every other strip in half onto itself, and then fold every other strip in the alternating columns. Repeat again with the first set of strips.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to create an additional bacon weave , creating 2 in total.
- Place both bacon weaves in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the macaroni elbows. Generously salt the pot and add approximately 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan large enough to hold the pasta when it's done. Add the flour, stirring over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned (approximately 1-2 minutes). Add the milk, whisking to remove any lumps, and then add salt and pepper as desired. Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble (approximately 6 minutes).
- Stir in the cheeses. Whisk until smooth and melted, and then remove from heat.
- When the pasta is almost done but still semi-firm, drain it. Add it to the saucepan.
- Remove the bacon weaves from the oven. Using a medium-sized bowl as a guide, cut out 2 same sized circles from the weave.
- Place one bacon “tortilla” down. Top it with mac & cheese, and the second bacon tortilla. Serve.