This Bacon Cheeseburger Is Stacked With All the Best Fried Foods
Cheeseburger Bacon-Weave Burrito Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Yield: 1 burrito the size of your forearm
- 1 1/2 pounds Oscar Mayer bacon (it's the best for weaving)
- 2 handfuls frozen French fries
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 5 slices American cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 pickle spear
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on it. Place 5 strips of bacon in an even layer on the rack. Place fries in an even layer on another baking sheet. Bake both until crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Spread out a foot-long sheet of plastic wrap on the counter. Make a 6x6-strip bacon weave (step-by-step instructions below if you’re a bacon-weave virgin).
- Put beef in a gallon-size Ziploc bag and roll it out into a 1/4-inch thick, 10-inch square. With scissors, cut off the zipper closure and cut down the side seams, leaving just the bottom seam intact. Unfold the bag and layer on cheese, leaving a 1/2-inch bare on all edges except the top edge, which needs a couple inches. On the bottom third, pile cooked bacon, fries, onion, and pickle. Pull the bottom edge of the Ziploc bag up and over all the filling and roll into a tight log. Tuck the ends in. Pick up the meat log using the bag and roll it off onto the bacon weave, near one edge. Pull the plastic wrap up on that edge of the bacon weave and roll the meat log over the rest of the bacon so it's completely wrapped. Tuck the ends in (photos of these steps are below).
- Transfer the bacon-weave burrito to the wire rack and bake for 30 or 40 minutes, which is the difference between medium- and well-done.
- Remove from oven and let the burrito rest on the wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve with your cheeseburger toppings of choice.