Pig Out at This All-Bacon Restaurant.
Bacon Mac 'n' Cheese Quesadilla Recipe
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 pounds bacon
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces (2 cups) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil. Make a bacon weave on each baking sheet. Cut off the corners with shears to make the weaves circular. Set the cut pieces aside and bake the weaves until crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain.
- Return pot to medium-high heat. Add the pieces of bacon you cut from the weaves. Cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Break up large pieces with a wooden spoon. Reduce heat to low, add drained pasta and remaining ingredients. Stir until cheese is melted and well-combined.
- Transfer bacon weaves to a wire rack or paper towels and let cool/crisp up for 5 minutes. Place one weave on a cutting board. Top with mac ‘n’ cheese. Cover with the other weave. Cut into 6 equal pieces.