It's Worth Getting Sloppy For This Grilled Cheese Taco
Bacon Weave Pizza
Yield: 4 hearty slices
- 1 package bacon
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- ½ red onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 whole (canned) tomatoes hand crushed
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella
- ½ green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- fresh basil
- Weave bacon on parchment paper for easy handling. Use chilled or refrigerated bacon as it will be easier to handle and weave.
- Cut bacon weave square into a round using a second cover sheet of parchment and a medium to large bowl. Reserve trimmed bacon.
- Chop ¼ red onion and sauté with chopped remaining bacon until caramelized.
- Smoke bacon weave in smoker at 350 degrees F for an hour.
- Top bacon crust with additional ingredients. One initial thin bottom layer of cheese helps to minimize leaks and softness. Add fresh basil at end of cook.
- Allow 10 minutes to rest and allow bottom layer to firm up before serving.