These Bacon-Wrapped Avocado Eggs Are Begging You to Crack Them Open
Something about the gooeyness of an egg inside an avocado is enough to make any brunch-goer drool with delight. But what’s the easiest way to take this dish to the next level of drool-worthiness? Wrap it in multiple strips of bacon and fry it, of course! Yes, we realize we’re kind of taking away most of the health benefits of avocado, but we all know bacon makes everything better. And when you crack open the bacon-wrapped avocado, the soft-boiled egg inside oozes out for the perfect breakfast surprise.
Bacon-Wrapped Avocado Eggs
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 extra-large avocado
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 7 strips bacon
- Toss your egg in simmering water for six minutes, then transfer it into a bowl of ice water.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the skin carefully (you'll want the green stuff to maintain its shape). Pull out the pit to make a little egg hole (you can scoop more if the pit hole is too small).
- Peel your egg carefully and drop it in the center of the avocado, then put the two halves together.
- Lay five (more or less, depending on the avocado size) strips of bacon side-by-side and roll that avocado up in the good stuff.
- Take two additional slices of bacon and roll them around the top to seal it all off.
- Fry the thing in a pan, starting with the loose ends of the bacon to make a seal. Turn it around constantly so it's cooked evenly, then cut it open and dig in.
For more recipes, check out Twisted's cookbook.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.