Make Bacon-Wrapped Avocado Fries Now, Shortage(s) Be Damned
If we had to pick the two most obsessed-over foods out there, it'd be bacon and avocados. Aside from everyone's obvious obsession with both of them, we'll back our theory up with the fact that both are facing potentialshortages. So you should probably make the Food Steez's recipe for bacon-wrapped avocado fries while you still can. Seize the day -- or "YOLO!" as the youth say -- and watch the video above to see how it's done.
Bacon-Wrapped Avocado Fries
- 4-6 strips of Bacon
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½-1 teaspoon chili powder
For the chipotle ranch dipping sauce:
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 chipotle pepper (from a can of chipotle in adobo sauce)
- Juice of ½ lime
- To make the sauce, pour the ranch dressing, pepper, and lime juice into a food processor. Pulse until everything is well-combined and the pepper has been broken down.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and chili powder. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Cut open the avocado and remove the pit. Slice lengthwise it in ¾-inch increments, and then cut through the middle to create thick chunks.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap the piece around the avocado chunks. Use a water-soaked toothpick to help the bacon stay in place, and place the chunks on a wire rack. Sprinkle brown sugar-chili mixture on top of each avocado slice.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and serve immediately.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.