We Grilled Baked Alaska, and So Can You
Baked Alaska is a tricky devil, but we trust our friend 0815BBQ to (pit)master making this dessert in a way you've never seen before. Whip up some homemade meringue, pile it high on top of a pastry and your favorite ice cream, and grill it up until it's toasted. Warm, grilled berries make a delicious topping for this classic treat with a smoky twist.
Grilled Baked Alaska
- 1 scoop of ice cream
- 2 eggs (only the white part without the yolk)
- pinch of sugar
- a little round biscuit
- for the gin berries:
- 2-3 berries of your choice
- 3 oz. of gin
- 3 tsp. of sugar
- Mix berries with gin and sugar. Let the berries soak up the gin for 20 minutes.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar with a hand-mixer until hard.
- Put the berries in a cast iron pan and flame with a lighter.
- Put a scoop of ice cream and cover with the egg mixture.
- Grill on high indirect heat for a short time (600 degrees for 3-4 minutes) until golden brown.
- Serve with the berries and enjoy.