This Caramel S'mores Pie is B-A-N-A-N-A-S
This is what happens when Twisted combines gooey s’mores with decadent pie; a graham cracker crust, layered with smooth chocolate ganache, fresh banana slices, thick caramel, and torched-'til-they-ooze marshmallows. Yes, its the ultimate guilty pleasure, and yes, you can make it at home.
Banana S'mores Pie
- For the graham cracker layer:
- 12 oz. semi-sweet biscuits
- 5 oz. melted butter
- For the chocolate layer:
- 8 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 cup cream
- For the caramel- banana layer:
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- 5 oz. butter
- 5 oz. dark soft brown sugar
- 14 oz. condensed milk
- For the marshmallow layer:
- 2 handful large white marshmallows
- Blitz the semi-sweet biscuits to form fine breadcrumbs then add the melted butter and pack into a greased tart tin. Chill for 1 hour.
- While the crust is chilling, make the chocolate layer. Place your chopped chocolate in a jug. Heat the cream to just boiling then pour into the jug immediately. Stir a little to melt the chocolate then set aside to cool.
- When you have made the chocolate layer, make the caramel. Melt together the butter and sugar then add the condensed milk. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil. Whisk the ingredients constantly until thick and golden. Set aside to cool.
- Take your chilled crust and spread the chocolate layer across it evenly. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the banana slices over the chocolate layer then add the caramel (providing it is cooled sufficiently) and smooth out evenly. Chill for half an hour, then arrange the marshmallows over the top. Chill the whole pie for half an hour (or until firm enough to cut). Serve.