These Mac & Cheese Nachos Just Won the Comfort Food Game
BBQ Bacon Meatball
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 oz Mexican chorizo
- 2 large sweet onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs spicy chili sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Oaxaca cheese, cubed (one cube inside of each meatball)
- 1 pack of bacon
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbs chipotle sauce
- 2 tbs agave nectar
- Preheat outdoor cooker (or oven) to 400º F
- To make the meatballs, mix together the ground beef with chorizo, cilantro, sweet onions, brown sugar, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and bread crumbs.
- Cut off the tops and bottoms of the onions and remove the exterior skin. Cut the onion in half and peel the layers apart, keeping the biggest layers to stuff with meat.
- Wrap each ball with four slices of bacon and secure at top with toothpick.
- Place bacon bombs on grill, preheated at 400º F. Cook for 40 minutes, allowing bacon to crisp up, then baste with BBQ sauce.
- To make the BBQ sauce, mix together BBQ sauce, chipotle sauce, and agave nectar.
- Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, until sauce tightens up.
- Serve and enjoy. These bacon bombs can be tailored to your taste.