Rock The Chicken Boat With This Easy Cheesy Recipe
Let's face it, pulled chicken (or pork) is always messy. We can't get that stuff to stay on a bun for the life of us. Enter Food Steez with the easiest way to deliver all that cheesy barbecue flavor right to your mouth hole. Hollow out a baguette, mix up your meat, and bake it all until the cheese is melty for a boat you can most certainly float.
BBQ Chicken Stuffed Bread
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh green onion
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup ranch
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 large baguette
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, onion, and 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce. Stir well to combine. Add more barbecue sauce if the mixture seems too dry.
- Cut the top edge of the bread loaf off and hollow out 1 1/2 inches deep to create a well for the filling. Spoon the BBQ chicken mixture into the loaf. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 325 F degrees for about 20 minutes or until toasty.
- Drizzle on hot sauce and ranch dressing. Add more chopped green onion if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.